Friday, March 18, 2011

Tan or Non-tanned Feet?

*lotion-ing my feet*

How great it feel to slip into sandals...from spending the winter wearing boots.  So.. I thought, "Sandals vs. Boots"? Which one is better?

Amazingly enough that it's similar to choosing between glazed or chocolate glazed donuts! Both are GOOD... just that the only difference is the timing! (my apologies to weight management companies) No I don't apply those finger-licking glaze on my feet - or I will end up putting my foot in my mouth!  (gag)

The past winter - it was SO cold!! Weeks of wearing boots, tennis shoes or clogs (suffocating my white feet) - washing doormats, wiping off wet dogs from walking. The area near front door or (side door) which seems to be cluttered with shoes, scarfs, hats, mittens, dirt and snow/rain. Where you might be tempted to just discard them into a trash can instead picking each of them - either that or deflate your lungs at kids and spouses and the job were done instantly.

I'm sure you were thinking - when should I break out those sandals? Are my feet hot enough to wear it without attracting unwelcomed pairs of eyes anywhere I need/want/must GO? (H*ll) to them - cuz my feet were HOT, hotter than my whole body and once I've exposed them to cooler relief, don't I feel INSTANT relief? I actually fantasized dipping my feet into foundation in front of White House...

Too eager to wear one, so I went and bought my first sandals of 2011! You know those "tones-up" tennis shoes? I know I probably won't make to those commercials where I am to swing my fanny to millions of viewers - it's too big for their TVs.

Anyway - I BOUGHT a pair of black Tone-Up sandals (not thongs cuz I hate how my toes looks, too monkey-like for sleek types of flips. Maybe the problem lies in perceiving the accurate 'depth' within my eyes). Sorry - got off the road again... I was SAYING... that I love my sandals! It instantly made my feet look thin and feel surprisingly comfortable and yet classy enough to go into a nice restaurant. (honey, I'm hinting here...)


Nice, isn't it? I know I need to color my toenails - they were hidden all winter. See how WHITE it is!? No sense to color if I cannot show it off. I promise - I will go to my local nail salon. I think I will fix my feet up a bit before sticking it to nail technician's face. I have "spray-on" tan bottle...*shaking the bottle*

Ok ok - I've been advocating sandals for a while now (pointing at spring fever)... wearing boots have it's own advantage! Especially those 'fur-lined, fleece-lined, fabric-lined types of boots. They were SOO comfortable!! I do not mean those mountain-style boots (even through they does look bulky yet neat)...I mean those boots where you see everywhere.  The exterior of those boots, seems to appear like if they have been knitted by a grandmother in add with a pair of pom-poms to secure it on your feet? You know? I was meaning to buy it but I'm not sure if they look good on me and I didn't even try it on. I just leave it to be for teenagers and young people (they were the ones I kept seeing wearing those! Sorry!) as it actually look better on them than my own feet!  Well... err, that's all I can say about wearing boots. I think I'd primarily opt for sandals and boots always will come in second - DURING the spring/summer time!

Yesterday - was St. Patrick's Day and I have done something a bit stupid and embarrassing which wasn't me, at ALL! I will have to wait after Sunday to tell you about it - due to ongoing event which I cannot reveal any details as it will end on 19th, tomorrow. Yet, it was GOOD... *sigh*

Now...the moon, big enough to "touch" in 20 years - try to "lasso" it this weekend?

That's it - "salt" for your feet, pamper yourself at home, with a friend, sister, aunt, grandmother, daughter, niece... and of course, you even could include any male as they too need a manicure!!  Walk-ins ARE welcome - totally.

--------------------
This is a warm-up exercise...as I'm trying out "topics", as finding a "theme" that I would stick to it. As I've said.. "salt to-taste", please enjoy this random blogs of mine.  I have multi-skills...so they all are good! Too much if I'm to share it all with you - so I'm drawing straws. I will let you know which of me have won. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment