Thursday, March 17, 2011

3 or 4-Leaf Clover?

*rustling in the grass*


Darn - I NEED that shamrock! After those snow and rain - it sure bounds to spring out some!


Now - aren't you going out to eat on St. Patrick? Or even better, purchase one of those spring-antenna mini-shamrock attached to a plastic or felt hat?  Then discard the next day? I wish there is some kind of shamrock-shaped box for chocolates. You know? Like the Valentine's?  At least The Perfect Truffle is making chocolates WITH beer! Kid you not! (You're welcome!)


Wanna to impress your friends/family/perfect strangers while chugging down some beer? (DISCLAIMER: These statements does not reflect nor endorsed by Shannon, A Spoonful of Salt)


Try telling a bit about a shamrock - a bonus if you actually find (not purchased) one, as it's considered an omen for good luck! Glue or staple an extra clover does not count. I know because I tried.


Long version: In Irish tradition the Shamrock or 3-leaf Clover represents the Holy Trinity: one leaf for the Father, one for the Son and one for the Holy Spirit. When a Shamrock is found with the fourth leaf, it represents God's Grace.


Or...


Short version: one-leaf clover = Faith, two = Hope, three = Love and four = Luck!

So - which one is better? 3 or 4-Leaf Clover? No biggie...I'd choose both since they're just plain shamrock!!


I've got something for you... there is this Shamrock origami created by Stephan Hecht! It's REALLY hard.. but you gotta say you're impressed! Cuz I am! I've not succeed and I will!


When working on it - say this SIMPLE tongue twister and don't be mad at me! Say...
"Irish Wristwatch". 


*snicker, snicker, snort*




Tell me if you got this figured out! I'll put you on my mantle, along with my other statues and candlesticks! Tried this couple of times. I think this instructions were missing some points...



St. Patrick's Day Ideas


* For breakfast: Read Green Eggs and Green Ham - but instead, cook scrambled eggs and dye it green.  Milk? Dye. Oatmeal? Of course, dye! Don't forget to dye a small batch of butter and soften it, then dye it!  Too much but it delights kids somehow! You might actually a pound by just looking at it. It's a bit gross-looking.


* It's a day where you're "automatically" excused due to St. Patrick's Day where everyone goes bonkers! Meaning you MIGHT get away with a murder if you laughed into your boss' face and said it's a "good one", when he told your work wasn't completed.  Then dance on your desk - you won't even get penalized. (Disclaimer #2 These statements does not reflect nor endorsed by Shannon, A Spoonful of Salt)


* Be sure NOT to pinch anyone in rear - it no longer works, especially at workplace. Do it at home. It doesn't work on St. Patrick' Day.. trust me. Maybe in bar... but don't take my word.


* Order Irish Coffee Drink when you cannot stand cold weather and you're not in mood for cold drink. It's GOOD...if bar doesn't apply to you well.  Google up for a recipe. It's easy...and MUCH cheaper.


-----------


An Old Irish Prayer:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

But I found this at a restaurant in Thurmont - with a twist which I found funny but "ouch".

An Irish Prayer:
May those that love us, love us
And those that doesn't love us
May God turn their hearts;
And if He doesn't turn
their hearts,
May He turn their ankles
So we'll know them by
their limping.

------------




HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!
*snap fingers*



No comments:

Post a Comment